Family Activities in Hawaii
Hawaii is a paradise for families looking for an adventurous vacation and some fun in the sun. Stacked with beautiful beaches, lush tropical rainforests, and a relaxed and friendly culture that’s super kid friendly, there’s something for everyone in Hawaii. Here’s a guide to some of the best family-friendly activities in Hawaii that your kids will remember forever.
- Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, Oahu – Hanauma Bay is one of the most popular snorkeling spots in Hawaii. It’s a little crowded, but that is because it is awesome. The beach is known for its crystal clear waters and huge variety of tropical fish. Kids will love exploring the vibrant coral reefs and seeing tropical fish, sea turtles if you’re lucky, and even octopus.
- Whale Watching on Maui – During the winter months, humpback whales come to Maui to breed and nurse their young. A bit like tourists really. Take a boat tour to see these majestic creatures up close and learn about their behavior and habitat. Find a family hotel in Maui
- Learn to Surf on Waikiki Beach, Oahu – Waikiki Beach is one of the best places to learn to surf in Hawaii. There’s heaps of surf schools that offer lessons for kids and families. Find a Family Hotel in Honolulu
- Exploring the Polynesian Cultural Center, Oahu – The Polynesian Cultural Center is an interactive living museum that offers a glimpse into the culture and traditions of the Pacific Islands. Kids will love learning about the different cultures and participating in hands-on activities such as canoe-making, hula dancing, and fire-starting.
- Hiking to Manoa Falls, Oahu – Manoa Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in the heart of Oahu’s lush rainforest. The hike to the falls is pretty easy and suitable for kids of all ages.
- Visit the Bishop Museum, Oahu – The Bishop Museum is Hawaii’s largest museum and is a great place to learn about the history, culture, and natural environment of the islands. The museum offers interactive exhibits and hands-on activities that are perfect for kids. – Who are we kidding, no kid wants to go to the museum on holiday, just go to the beach, swim, relax and have a great time.
For pre-teens and teens, activities such as hiking to Diamond Head, snorkeling with dolphins, and visiting the Dole Plantation, can be great options, while for the younger ones, visiting Sea Life Park, visiting the Honolulu Zoo, and playing at the Waimea Valley Adventure Park can be fun.
With so many fun and exciting activities for kids of all ages, Hawaii is the perfect destination for a family vacation. By planning ahead and choosing activities that will appeal to everyone, you can ensure that your family has a trip of a lifetime.